H  O  M  E          
Theological, Doctrinal, and Spiritual Musing - and whatever other else is on my mind when I notice that I haven't posted in a while.
Blogroll
 
T.U.L.I.P.
  • - Endorsed
  • - Indifferent
  • - Contested
 
I Affirm This
The Nashville Statement
 
Autobiographical
 
Profile
Daniel of Doulogos Name:Daniel
Home: Winnipeg, Manitoba, Canada
About Me: I used to believe that evolution was reasonable, that homosexuality was genetic, and that people became Christians because they couldn't deal with the 'reality' that this life was all there was. I used to believe, that if there was a heaven - I could get there by being good - and I used to think I was more or less a good person. I was wrong on all counts. One day I finally had my eyes opened and I saw that I was not going to go to heaven, but that I was certainly going to suffer the wrath of God for all my sin. I saw myself as a treasonous rebel at heart - I hated God for creating me just to send me to Hell - and I was wretched beyond my own comprehension. Into this spiritual vacuum Jesus Christ came and he opened my understanding - delivering me from God's wrath into God's grace. I was "saved" as an adult, and now my life is hid in Christ. I am by no means sinless, but by God's grace I am a repenting believer - a born again Christian.
My complete profile...
 
The Buzz


Daniel's posts are almost always pastoral and God centered. I appreciate and am challenged by them frequently. He has a great sense of humor as well.
- Marc Heinrich

His posts are either funny or challenging. He is very friendly and nice.
- Rose Cole

[He has] good posts, both the serious like this one, and the humorous like yesterday. [He is] the reason that I have restrained myself from making Canadian jokes in my posts.
- C-Train

This post contains nothing that is of any use to me. What were you thinking? Anyway, it's probably the best I've read all day.
- David Kjos

Daniel, nicely done and much more original than Frank the Turk.
- Jonathan Moorhead

There are some people who are smart, deep, or funny. There are not very many people that are all 3. Daniel is one of those people. His opinion, insight and humor have kept me coming back to his blog since I first visited earlier this year.
- Carla Rolfe
 
Email Me
email
Tuesday, March 25, 2008
Back to work.
I had last week off, but there was a lot of work to do around the house and whatnot. It was nice to get a change though. I am still suffering from a great lack of time when it comes to blogging. But I thought I should post something today anyway, even if it is vacuous.

Here is the sermon I preached on Resurrection Sunday. I was thankful to the Lord that He gave me the privilege to share this message.
posted by Daniel @ 6:42 AM  
9 Comments:
  • At 12:52 PM, March 25, 2008, Blogger Daniel said…

    The sermon is a little slow paced for the first ten minutes or so.

     
  • At 12:53 PM, March 25, 2008, Blogger Even So... said…

    The material about that song and the “magnitude for motivation” not being the point was spot on. “The resurrection is the pinnacle of Christian power”. I liked that, and your passion, starting at about 21 minutes in, is well placed and it is evident that you truly believe it. Yes, as you said, the resurrection shows us who God is and what kind of character He has. “Don’t look at the sacrifice and (just) see the magnitude of it, but see how magnificent God’s character is that He would raise us up in Christ”. You did not fail to reveal God’s glory in the resurrection of Christ. Oh, “what He is willing to pay to put His love on display”! These truths are always refreshing to my ears, and of course, nourishment to my soul. I was in Him too….

     
  • At 1:07 PM, March 25, 2008, Blogger Daniel said…

    JD, You could tell when I stepped off my notes eh? ;-)

     
  • At 2:45 PM, March 25, 2008, Blogger Even So... said…

    If you listen to my sermons, you can easily tell the same thing...but I won't and I suggest you don't forsake the notes...

     
  • At 3:55 PM, March 25, 2008, Blogger Daniel said…

    That is sound advice indeed.

     
  • At 9:45 AM, March 27, 2008, Blogger Jim said…

    Daniel, I second JD's thoughts.

     
  • At 7:14 PM, March 29, 2008, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Woowoowoowoo!

    Serious question: Why isn't Anastasis the greatest day celebrated by the church?

     
  • At 2:38 AM, March 30, 2008, Blogger Daniel said…

    TT - I suspect that the answer is more complex than one might imagine. We could begin by noting that the majority our pews are being filled by a mix of immature believers and people who are believers in-name-only (nominal "Christians"). This group is likely being "fed" the biblical equivalent of weiner water soup from the pulpit every Sunday, and in those rare churches where the bible -is- being taught, it is being taught primarily by men who have been qualified through academic rather than spiritual rigors, resulting in a highly nuanced and educated navel-gazing (or alternately program-driven) ministry.

    We could blame this on the gospel that is presently being used to populate our churches, or dig deeper to find the roots of that problem in the Finneyism (or the easy believism that sprang from it). Or we could go even deeper and start looking at the various atonement models and how they influence the gospel that is preached etc.

    We could likewise speak of how the stench of the world has progressively worked its way unchallenged into the pews leaving the church inert and distracted.

    But I suspect we would probably settle for the simple answer: Chirstians don't glory in the resurrection because most Christians (and their pastors too) haven't got a clue.

    It's not a pretty picture.

     
  • At 12:04 AM, April 07, 2008, Blogger Strong Tower said…

    Heart breaking, but true.

     
Post a Comment
<< Home
 
 
 
Previous Posts
 
Archives
 
Links
 
Atom Feed
Atom Feed
 
Copyright
Creative Commons License
Text posted on this site
is licensed under a
Creative Commons
Attribution-ShareAlike 2.5
License
.