H  O  M  E          
Theological, Doctrinal, and Spiritual Musing - and whatever other else is on my mind when I notice that I haven't posted in a while.
Blogroll
 
T.U.L.I.P.
  • - Endorsed
  • - Indifferent
  • - Contested
 
I Affirm This
The Nashville Statement
 
Autobiographical
 
Profile
Daniel of Doulogos Name:Daniel
Home: Winnipeg, Manitoba, Canada
About Me: I used to believe that evolution was reasonable, that homosexuality was genetic, and that people became Christians because they couldn't deal with the 'reality' that this life was all there was. I used to believe, that if there was a heaven - I could get there by being good - and I used to think I was more or less a good person. I was wrong on all counts. One day I finally had my eyes opened and I saw that I was not going to go to heaven, but that I was certainly going to suffer the wrath of God for all my sin. I saw myself as a treasonous rebel at heart - I hated God for creating me just to send me to Hell - and I was wretched beyond my own comprehension. Into this spiritual vacuum Jesus Christ came and he opened my understanding - delivering me from God's wrath into God's grace. I was "saved" as an adult, and now my life is hid in Christ. I am by no means sinless, but by God's grace I am a repenting believer - a born again Christian.
My complete profile...
 
The Buzz


Daniel's posts are almost always pastoral and God centered. I appreciate and am challenged by them frequently. He has a great sense of humor as well.
- Marc Heinrich

His posts are either funny or challenging. He is very friendly and nice.
- Rose Cole

[He has] good posts, both the serious like this one, and the humorous like yesterday. [He is] the reason that I have restrained myself from making Canadian jokes in my posts.
- C-Train

This post contains nothing that is of any use to me. What were you thinking? Anyway, it's probably the best I've read all day.
- David Kjos

Daniel, nicely done and much more original than Frank the Turk.
- Jonathan Moorhead

There are some people who are smart, deep, or funny. There are not very many people that are all 3. Daniel is one of those people. His opinion, insight and humor have kept me coming back to his blog since I first visited earlier this year.
- Carla Rolfe
 
Email Me
email
Tuesday, April 10, 2007
OIKODOMEIS AWARD!
There are many meme style "awards" out there for bloggers that exalt the blogger on account of some gifted ability. Are they a good writer, a deep thinker, do they have a great sense of humor or style? That's wonderful, but such things can be used for good, left to rot, or even used for ill.

I thought therefore it would be a good idea to create a new meme tag award - one that gives recognition to those who use their gifts to build up others in Christ, rather than recognizing someone for simply has a gift.

In that capacity, I am creating my own award, I call it the oikodomeis award (oy-kaw-daw-mace), because oikodomeis is koine for "you build up" - as in "you are the source of edification for others." There is something about saying that in Koine Greek that makes it more solemn - and frankly it is more compact that calling it the "You build other people up in Christ" award.

This award is for blogs that consistently edify you - it is not to be handed out willy nilly to people just because you like them or the way they write - but seriously, it is to be given to blogs that have honestly stretched you in Christ, that have turned you Christ-ward again and again - blogs that have challenged your walk as opposed to merely your intellect.

The participation rules are simple:

1. If you get tagged by this meme, write a post that links to as many other blogs as you believe worthy of receiving this award - you need not be tagged personally to do this, but it is unlikely you will find out about it otherwise.

2. Link to =this= post so that people will [a] understand what the award is all about and [b] be able to see where the meme started.

3. Optional: You can display the 'Oikodomeis Award' in your blog banner with a linking to either the post wherein your blog was nominated, or back here to this post.

4. To use the award image, copy it to your own image server, as I cannot vouch for the longevity of that particular image on my own image server.

To begin the meme, I shall tag five people whose blogs have been a source of edifying grace to me:

Even So - all edifying, all the time.
Garry Weaver - a pastor who cares as deeply as he thinks.
Fred Butler - never loses sight of Christ.
BlueCollar's blog team - focused on defending the truth.
David Kjos - Christ centered.
Frank Turk - in your face, practical, challenging, informative.

I could have tagged a bunch more I suppose, and if you didn't get tagged it wasn't because I don't think your blog is edifying (though maybe I do...), the truth is that I tagged the first five or six people that came to mind, and having planned to stop at five or six people - I did just that.

I encourage you reader, if you know of some blogs that have edified you, give them an award for it - don't wait to get tagged yourself - Oikodomeis means "you build up" - and that is something to encourage in others.

Grace and Peace,

Dan
<><

Labels:

posted by Daniel @ 4:28 PM  
8 Comments:
  • At 9:47 PM, April 10, 2007, Blogger Even So... said…

    ...

     
  • At 8:40 AM, April 11, 2007, Blogger Craver Vii said…

    Excellent idea!

     
  • At 9:54 AM, April 11, 2007, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Oh, Daniel, WOW! What can I say? Thank you for thinking of our team. I am both honored and humbled. As I'm sure the rest of the team will be.

    And what a great idea! (See, there was a reason I gave you that Thinking Blogger award. :)

     
  • At 10:28 AM, April 11, 2007, Blogger mark pierson said…

    Daniel, The Bluecollar team is truely honored. I personally look up to you. I respect your love for Christ, your knowledge of His Word and your love for His saints. God has blessed you with wisdom and grace.

    Thank you for honoring the bluecollar team!

     
  • At 1:56 PM, April 11, 2007, Blogger Even So... said…

    I will be nominating Jonathan, among others...

    Be it known to all that I am already the first two-time Oikodomeis award winner...I feel like George Washington, or something like that ;-)

    Daniel, I will put up my post soon, and may I suggest that when we nominate someone for the award, that it may be said that they have been

    maced

     
  • At 3:14 PM, April 11, 2007, Blogger Daniel said…

    maced? I like. I like a lot!

     
  • At 8:41 AM, April 18, 2007, Blogger Fred Butler said…

    Bro,
    I feel all warm and fuzzy inside knowing that you thought of me. If the good Lord is willing and the creek don't rise, I should have something early next week.

    Fred

     
  • At 9:13 AM, April 18, 2007, Blogger Daniel said…

    I look forward to it.

     
Post a Comment
<< Home
 
 
 
Previous Posts
 
Archives
 
Links
 
Atom Feed
Atom Feed
 
Copyright
Creative Commons License
Text posted on this site
is licensed under a
Creative Commons
Attribution-ShareAlike 2.5
License
.