H  O  M  E          
Theological, Doctrinal, and Spiritual Musing - and whatever other else is on my mind when I notice that I haven't posted in a while.
Blogroll
 
T.U.L.I.P.
  • - Endorsed
  • - Indifferent
  • - Contested
 
I Affirm This
The Nashville Statement
 
Autobiographical
 
Profile
Daniel of Doulogos Name:Daniel
Home: Winnipeg, Manitoba, Canada
About Me: I used to believe that evolution was reasonable, that homosexuality was genetic, and that people became Christians because they couldn't deal with the 'reality' that this life was all there was. I used to believe, that if there was a heaven - I could get there by being good - and I used to think I was more or less a good person. I was wrong on all counts. One day I finally had my eyes opened and I saw that I was not going to go to heaven, but that I was certainly going to suffer the wrath of God for all my sin. I saw myself as a treasonous rebel at heart - I hated God for creating me just to send me to Hell - and I was wretched beyond my own comprehension. Into this spiritual vacuum Jesus Christ came and he opened my understanding - delivering me from God's wrath into God's grace. I was "saved" as an adult, and now my life is hid in Christ. I am by no means sinless, but by God's grace I am a repenting believer - a born again Christian.
My complete profile...
 
The Buzz


Daniel's posts are almost always pastoral and God centered. I appreciate and am challenged by them frequently. He has a great sense of humor as well.
- Marc Heinrich

His posts are either funny or challenging. He is very friendly and nice.
- Rose Cole

[He has] good posts, both the serious like this one, and the humorous like yesterday. [He is] the reason that I have restrained myself from making Canadian jokes in my posts.
- C-Train

This post contains nothing that is of any use to me. What were you thinking? Anyway, it's probably the best I've read all day.
- David Kjos

Daniel, nicely done and much more original than Frank the Turk.
- Jonathan Moorhead

There are some people who are smart, deep, or funny. There are not very many people that are all 3. Daniel is one of those people. His opinion, insight and humor have kept me coming back to his blog since I first visited earlier this year.
- Carla Rolfe
 
Email Me
email
Monday, March 26, 2007
Poverty of Riches
The harvest dust like embers hung
Aglow in the dying light,
Through fields I owned I walked alone,
But something wasn’t right.
Something wasn’t right.

A murmur on the distant road
Where a crowd has gathered round
The prophet out of Galilee
Is our Messiah found?
Our Messiah found.

As I draw near I start to fear,
This man who may be God,
And running to his dirty feet
I drop down on the sod,
Bent knees upon the sod.

His face is full of mercy,
As He kneels down to speak,
His voice is hoarse but kindly,
Please tell me what you seek
Tell me what you seek.

Good teacher how may I inherit
How may I by my good deeds merit,
What must I do, what must I give
That I might now eternal live



If I am good then who am I
For only God is good,
Moses gave you rules to follow
And follow them you should
follow them you should

I ‘ve kept these laws since I was young,
I’ve kept them one and all,
But as these words fell from my lips,
I began to feel small,
Began to feel small.

His face was full of loving grace,
As to me these words he spoke,
And as they fell upon my ears
I felt I had been smote,
Felt I had been smote.

“One thing you lack” He softly said,
One thing you still don’t see,
You cannot have eternal life
Unless you follow me
You must follow me.

Good teacher how may I inherit
How may I by my good deeds merit,
What must I do, what must I give
That I might now eternal live



Sell whatever you now have
And to the poor now give
Take up a cross - follow me
And then you’ll truly live
Then you’ll truly live.

But in my heart I felt a pang,
This price I couldn’t pay!
Could not I keep my wealth and come
to Christ some other way?
Come some other way.

I am the way, the truth, the life,
There is no other way,
No Gods before me may you have,
Or in your sins you’ll stay
In sins sway you’ll stay.

At this I rose up from my knees
And turned to walk away,
I’d rather keep my wealth and die
Than for forgiveness pray,
Than yield now and stay.

Good teacher how may I inherit
How may I by my good deeds merit,
What must I do, what must I give
That I might now eternal live

Oh sinner have you come to Christ
and fallen to your knees
only to hold your heart aloof
as soon as you're at ease?
soon as you're at ease.

Your eyes are fixed upon the earth,
and not on Christ above,
And so you find you cannot trust
in Jesus or His love
Jesus or His love.

Neglect you not your only hope
kneel now before your Lord,
Submit yourself - humble your heart!
And you will be restored
You will be restored.

Labels:

posted by Daniel @ 11:04 PM  
4 Comments:
  • At 9:36 AM, March 27, 2007, Blogger Jim said…

    Great Dan, do you have a melody that goes along with it?

    BTW, was the chorus "now eternal" or know eternal?

    God bless,
    Jim

     
  • At 10:21 AM, March 27, 2007, Blogger Even So... said…

    Cool...I could say more, but what more needs to be said?...

     
  • At 11:13 AM, March 27, 2007, Blogger Daniel said…

    Jim - it is

    "that I might now eternal live,"

    as opposed to

    "that I might know eternal life."

    I haven't got a tune to go with it yet, but I am thinking something in G, and folksy sounding - perhaps acompanied by a recorder or a harmonica.

    When I have it fully written I will record it and post it.

     
  • At 1:51 PM, March 27, 2007, Blogger Jim said…

    Daniel, I see. I missed the poetic emphasis.

    I was reminded of Keith Green's "the prodigal son".

    Looking forward to hearing something.

     
Post a Comment
<< Home
 
 
 
Previous Posts
 
Archives
 
Links
 
Atom Feed
Atom Feed
 
Copyright
Creative Commons License
Text posted on this site
is licensed under a
Creative Commons
Attribution-ShareAlike 2.5
License
.