H  O  M  E          
Theological, Doctrinal, and Spiritual Musing - and whatever other else is on my mind when I notice that I haven't posted in a while.
Blogroll
 
T.U.L.I.P.
  • - Endorsed
  • - Indifferent
  • - Contested
 
I Affirm This
The Nashville Statement
 
Autobiographical
 
Profile
Daniel of Doulogos Name:Daniel
Home: Winnipeg, Manitoba, Canada
About Me: I used to believe that evolution was reasonable, that homosexuality was genetic, and that people became Christians because they couldn't deal with the 'reality' that this life was all there was. I used to believe, that if there was a heaven - I could get there by being good - and I used to think I was more or less a good person. I was wrong on all counts. One day I finally had my eyes opened and I saw that I was not going to go to heaven, but that I was certainly going to suffer the wrath of God for all my sin. I saw myself as a treasonous rebel at heart - I hated God for creating me just to send me to Hell - and I was wretched beyond my own comprehension. Into this spiritual vacuum Jesus Christ came and he opened my understanding - delivering me from God's wrath into God's grace. I was "saved" as an adult, and now my life is hid in Christ. I am by no means sinless, but by God's grace I am a repenting believer - a born again Christian.
My complete profile...
 
The Buzz


Daniel's posts are almost always pastoral and God centered. I appreciate and am challenged by them frequently. He has a great sense of humor as well.
- Marc Heinrich

His posts are either funny or challenging. He is very friendly and nice.
- Rose Cole

[He has] good posts, both the serious like this one, and the humorous like yesterday. [He is] the reason that I have restrained myself from making Canadian jokes in my posts.
- C-Train

This post contains nothing that is of any use to me. What were you thinking? Anyway, it's probably the best I've read all day.
- David Kjos

Daniel, nicely done and much more original than Frank the Turk.
- Jonathan Moorhead

There are some people who are smart, deep, or funny. There are not very many people that are all 3. Daniel is one of those people. His opinion, insight and humor have kept me coming back to his blog since I first visited earlier this year.
- Carla Rolfe
 
Email Me
email
Monday, July 10, 2006
This was dumb - but so what?
I was over at Matt's blog and thus inspired I did one of these surveys that tells you if you are nerd-like or not.

I am nerdier than 90% of all people. Are you nerdier? Click here to find out!

It is silly, but that is what Monday's are for.
posted by Daniel @ 12:20 PM  
25 Comments:
  • At 1:14 PM, July 10, 2006, Blogger David said…

    Wow, I only scored 23.

     
  • At 1:38 PM, July 10, 2006, Blogger Jim said…

    Yep, I only got 27. I guess we are just plain too macho for this nerd thingy! ~:)

     
  • At 1:44 PM, July 10, 2006, Blogger Daniel said…

    Had I taken the quiz 20 years ago I probably would have scored higher. ;-)

    I have really toned down my nerdiness in the last decade. At least I thought I did.

     
  • At 2:07 PM, July 10, 2006, Blogger jazzycat said…

    Daniel,
    I was real disappointed in that I only scored 28. I thought I was more nerdy. I think I am and my problem with that test had to do with being too dumb rather than being hip.

    Jazzycat

     
  • At 3:01 PM, July 10, 2006, Blogger Frank Martens said…

    So does this mean you are an pre-90's HP fan? :)

     
  • At 3:17 PM, July 10, 2006, Blogger Neil said…

    Dan, you are a computer programmer...
    Ipso facto, supreme nerd. No surprises there.

    I beat you. Got a 94.

     
  • At 3:34 PM, July 10, 2006, Blogger Daniel said…

    Frank - Reverse Polish Notation all the way.

    Neil - 94? You gotta get rid of that cracked software dude. It ain't right.

     
  • At 3:42 PM, July 10, 2006, Blogger Jim said…

    Buggy just got busted!

     
  • At 3:51 PM, July 10, 2006, Blogger Neil said…

    Lotus 1-2-3 version 2.1, circa 1985, copy protection cracked. You were just a little guy back then, right Dan?

    I will delete it forthwith. If I can locate it.

     
  • At 8:16 PM, July 10, 2006, Blogger pilgrim said…

    18

     
  • At 11:36 PM, July 10, 2006, Blogger Jonathan Moorhead said…

    I absolutely refuse to do this one - I'm too sensitive.

     
  • At 11:09 AM, July 11, 2006, Blogger Frank Martens said…

    I don't even have to take it to know that I'm an uber-nerd.

    But reverse polish notation? Dude, get with the times.

     
  • At 11:28 AM, July 11, 2006, Blogger Even So... said…

    My "nerd" score was only 58, but my "weird" (see my blog; subtle hint, is it not?) score is 141 - I guess that's because I like talking to myself so much (see my blog for the inside joke, ha ha once again, oh yes, I am the Suzerain of Silliness)

     
  • At 11:49 AM, July 11, 2006, Blogger Daniel said…

    Frank - clearly you have no respect for the ancient ways. ;-)

    JD - weirdness? I will have to check that out. You seem, well, less weird - but then again, I didn't know that you talk to yourself a lot...

     
  • At 1:27 PM, July 11, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    91% scored higher (more nerdy), and
    9% scored lower (less nerdy).

    What does this mean? Your nerdiness is:

    Definitely not nerdy, you are probably cool.



    Interesting....

     
  • At 1:45 PM, July 11, 2006, Blogger Daniel said…

    That means that you are not a nerd.

     
  • At 3:02 PM, July 11, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    is that a good thing or a bad thing? And why you head look like you have a throbing headache?

    Seriously though, how do you make it do that?

     
  • At 3:07 PM, July 11, 2006, Blogger Brad Williams said…

    Well, I was around an 16. I can't believe it. I am ashamed.

    Back in the day when I rolled twenty-sided dice all night and hoped that my 3rd level thief could pull off a pickpocket without being detected I might have scored higher.

    Though I must say, in defense of my nerdiness, there was entirely too much attention given to the Periodic table and not one decent Literature question in the thing.

     
  • At 3:09 PM, July 11, 2006, Blogger Brad Williams said…

    Oh yeah, and that didn't ask:

    "Are you able to get a date?"

    Or:

    "Do you think that a chat-room conversation with a girl is like a real date?"

    That, to me, is quintessential nerdiness.

     
  • At 3:34 PM, July 11, 2006, Blogger Daniel said…

    Brad - Rather than ask about dungeons and dragons directly, they should have just asked if a THAC0 of 6 was better or worse than a THAC0 of 12. Clearly, that would have sufficed

    I too thought the periodic table was a little over done.

    Danielle - it is an animated gif - I made it using a freeware tool called "gimp" which allows you to take an image - warp it - then animates a change from the pristine image to the warped image and saves it as an animated gif.

     
  • At 3:43 PM, July 11, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    You made it? wow! that's pretty cool.

    So this is how NOT nerdy I am... what's a gif? I first read it as gift and was like, oh cool!

    (As my family likes to remind me, I could give Jessica Simpson a run for her money!)

     
  • At 8:37 AM, July 13, 2006, Blogger Daniel said…

    My wife did the test. She scored a three, and was disappointed that she was considered more nerdy that two percent of the applicants.

     
  • At 3:37 PM, July 13, 2006, Blogger Brad Williams said…

    Daniel,

    You played the Rogue, too, didn't you?

     
  • At 4:03 PM, July 13, 2006, Blogger Daniel said…

    Brad -

    I was mostly the DM - so I got to be everything, albeit in NPC form. ;-)

     
  • At 11:53 PM, July 13, 2006, Blogger Even So... said…

    Always a cleric...or a monk...

     
Post a Comment
<< Home
 
 
 
Previous Posts
 
Archives
 
Links
 
Atom Feed
Atom Feed
 
Copyright
Creative Commons License
Text posted on this site
is licensed under a
Creative Commons
Attribution-ShareAlike 2.5
License
.